One-Bedroom Beach Front
In Room TV
Sleeps 4 Guests
Beach-houses #2 and #3 are ocean-front, one-bedroom condominiums located in Building One. #2 is an interior unit while #3 is an end unit. Both properties are at ground-level. They have vaulted ceilings and are larger (square footage) than other Phase One properties. For safety and privacy reasons the lanais are enclosed by a guard rail. Beach access is the same as for all other Kiahuna properties. In addition to being beach-front these properties are at ground level. Luggage and groceries can be easily unloaded just steps away from a rental car. Parking spaces are close at hand. The properties are particularly suitable for senior guests and those with handicaps.
Monthly tides and ocean currents cause the level of sand on the beach to shift, sometimes dramatically, over the course of the year. Rising sea level and winter storms have combined to erode the landscaping in front of Buildings One and Two. The landscaping shown on the lanais in the attached photographs has eroded away from the building. Views towards the beach and the ocean remain unobstructed but the area immediately below the lanais is in the process of being leveled. High tides and rain are likely to level this fallen landscape over the course of the next year.
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom w/ shower
- Beach Front with Beach Access
- Ceiling Fan
- Shared pool
- Microwave , Stove , Refrigerator , Oven
- HDTV, CD Player
- No Smoking
- Laundry in unit
- Activity Rentals Available
2024 Rates: $590.00 per Night
There are three Hawaiian taxes, Excise and Transient Accommodation Tax, totaling 17.96%.
Discounts and Special Deals
Kiahuna Beachside has superior beach-front and ocean-view locations. The beach houses have all been upgraded. We are experiencing a high rate of demand. We offer discounts and/or "free nights", depending upon seasonal factors and occupancy rates. Call us on short notice because we do experience occasional cancellations.
Impact of Covid
Kauai were severely impacted by Covid. The closing of restaurants and tourist activities caused many locals to move to the mainland for jobs. The supply chain for a wide variety of goods such as appliances, interior and outdoor furniture and landscape maintenance was interrupted and has not fully recovered. Shortages of workers and materials have left many properties in need of upgrades. Some patience will be required to restore our properties into “A-1” condition.
The Covid virus accelerated the change in how the property operates. Kiahuna is now a “condotel”, a hybrid property that combines ownership of a condominium with option to rent out unites like a traditional hotel.
Housekeeping Services and Checkout Cleaning Fees
There are no regular, prearranged housekeeping services. Guests may select from a variety of services when they check into the front desk. To insure that each beachhouse is prepared for the next incoming guest, the property managers requires a checkout cleaning fee. The 2024 schedule below;
One Bedroom - $341. Two Bedroom - $546.
Regular & Summer Periods:
- A deposit equal to 25% of the total rental charge is required to confirm all non-holiday period reservations
- Remaining balances are due 30 days (45 days for summer months) prior to the arrival date. Multiple units are 60-90 days prior to arrival pending season.
- Full deposit, less a $200.00 cancellation fee, will be refunded for cancellations made 30 days or more (45 days or more for summer months) prior to the arrival date
- All funds collected will be forfeited for cancellations made within 30 days (45 days for summer months) of the arrival date unless the space can be rebooked
- A deposit equal to 25% of the total rental charge is required to confirm Easter/Thanksgiving period reservations
- Remaining balances are due 60 days prior to the arrival date
- Full deposit less a $200.00 cancellation fee, will be refunded for cancellations made 60 days or more prior to the arrival date
- All funds collected will be forfeited for cancellations made within 60 days of the arrival date unless the space can be rebooked
- Easter period is the week before and the week after Easter; Thanksgiving period is the week of Thanksgiving.
- Minimum stay 7 nights for Christmas; 7 nights for New Years
- Minimum stay 14 nights if combining both holidays
- Deposit: 50% of booking at time of confirmation
- Full Payment due by September 1
- Christmas/New Year period is the week before and the week after Christmas
- Cancellation fee schedule:
- Prior to July 1: $250 fee per unit
- From July 1-September 1: forfeiture of full deposit
- After September 1: forfeiture of full payment (unless space can be rebooked)
Selecting a beachhouse – Upstairs vs. Downstairs.
Beachhouses #2 and #3 are larger one-bedroom units and front right on the beach. #2, #3 and #12 are downstairs properties and have favorable access for luggage and groceries. They are more suitable for older guests and those with handicaps.
Upstairs units (#13, #27 and #29) provide better views of the beach and landscape. They are more private and may have better ventilation from the trade winds during warmer seasons. The downside is that guests must climb a set of stairs.
Proximity to Beach - Some guests want to be as close to the beach as possible. They should know that the closer the property is to the beach, the more activity
will take place outside of their unit. For those who want good view , more privacy and less activity around them, we recommend #27 and #29.
Beachhouse #23 is one of only four two-bedroom condominiums in Phase One. It is a better choice for a four adult guests or a couple with two children.