The rules for traveling to Hawaii have changed numerous times since the advent of Covid. The notes below could be out of date by the time that you read this message. We highly recommend that you visit the following.
website: for the latest update go here
Process for Avoiding Quarantine upon arrival Lihue Airport, Kauai
All travelers entering the State of Hawaiʻi must complete a Safe Travels form available from the Department of Transportation.
- Inter-island travelers are not subject to quarantine.
- Travelers entering the state who have been fully vaccinated in the United States may
bypass quarantine without a pre-travel test.
The vaccination record document must be uploaded to the Safe Travels website or printed out prior to departure with a hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawai‘i.
- Your basic objective is to secure a QR code. A QR code will allow you to pass through the airport in Lihue without delay.
- Advance Preparation: Go to https:travel.hawaii.gov, watch the video and fill out the form.
- Create a user account. Enter your email address and create a password.
- Sign and submit.
- Upload your COVID test results (within 72 hours from the final leg of travel.)
- Upload a pdf or picture of your vaccine document.
- Log in to your user account and complete Travel Health Questionnaire.
- A health questionnaire will be made available to you 24 hours before your departure.
- Check your email for the QR code
- To proceed through the airport checkpoint, have the following items ready…
a. Your QR code must be readily available on your mobile device or printed paper.\
i. Have a valid government issued ID for each traveling adult. Driver’s License, passport .
- Be sure to bring your quarantine exemption documents to the airport for screening process at arrival
- Bring your cell phone…charged and working properly. Your contact information will be verified at checkpoint.
- To facilitate passing through Lihue airport on arrival, you will need a wristband showing that you have been properly screened. IMPORTANT. Ask at the baggage check-in counter at departure airport for the location of HELP with wristbands. Much better to get the wristband at baggage check-in. The boarding center could be very crowded.
- Once you are screened at the airport, your Trip information page will be updated with your Safe Travels Exemption information
Note: When you arrive at the Lihue airport, passengers are divided into two lines, those with wristbands and those without. If you have a wristband, you pass right through. If not, you may go through a long screening line. You do not want to go through this line.
Become A Beachside Insider
“Join Our eMail List to receive insider information on special deals and events throughout the year as well as stay plugged into all that is Kiahuna Beachside…
Acres To Roam